XP Quick Fix is a lightweight application specially made for Windows XP that allows you to quickly repair and fix 25 common errors that can be found on Windows XP with just a single mouse click.
This freeware is essential for fixing and removing the effects or recover from the damages caused by the infection of viruses, worms and trojans to your windows registry and file system, like re-enable the task manager, folder options, registry editor and more. XP Quick Fix really reminds me of freeware application, Virus Effect Remover that I’ve mentioned on this blog quite some time ago.
Here is the complete list of 25 problem fixes for Windows XP that XP Quck Fix can fix for you.
- Enable Task Manager
- Enable Registry Editor
- Stop My Documents open at startup
- Enable Folder Options
- Restore missing Run dialog box
- Enable Command Prompt
- Restore My Computer (Computer) properties
- Restore Device Manager
- Fix delay in opening Explorer
- Restore grayed Explorer and Taskbar toolbars
- Restore My Documents properties
- Remove OEM splash and wallpaper
- Restore My Network Places to Desktop
- Enable Recovery Console
- Restore grayed file associations
- Fix right-click error
- Fix slow network file/shared/remote
- Restore Network icon to system tray
- Fix slow hotkeys
- Fix CD/DVD drive is missing or not recognized
- Fix CD autoplay
- Restore “Send To” context menu item
- Restore the native ZIP file integration
- Fix error 1606 couldn’t access network location
- Error when trying to access Add or Remove/ Program and Features program
XP Quick Fix is a portable application, therefore requires no installation. XP Quick Fix comes with two files. The LFX.exe (562kb) is the main program GUI with 25 problem fixes while QFC.exe (38kb) is a command line utility that comes with 5 error fixes. Simply run the LFX.exe and fix your Windows XP from the 25 common problems. Thanks, Madhur!